How do I make a purchase on Vintage Granny?
Ordering an item from one of our sellers around the world is easy:
1. On the product page for the item you want to buy, simply click the big blue button that says ‘Buy’! The item will then be added to your ‘bag’, which you can then click on to proceed to checkout once you’ve added everything you want to purchase.
2. At checkout, you’ll be able to review the details of everything in your bag to check that all is present and correct. As soon as you place the order, the seller will be notified and proceed to process and ship your order – and we’ll keep you abreast of its progress every step of the way.
What are my payment options?
Currently, you can pay for your order via PayPal using either Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
How will my order get shipped and what options do I have?
All shipping fees are set and managed by the sellers themselves.
For more information on a seller’s shipping options, including prices, estimated times for delivery and the courier services they use, visit their profile. You can access this by clicking the ‘View seller’s profile’ link at the bottom of an item page.
Are the prices displayed at checkout inclusive of customs and duty charges?
No, items sent internationally may incur customs fees, import duties and/or handling charges by the destination country. These charges are generally incurred once the item arrives in that country, so often unknown at the time of purchase. Neither Vintage Granny or your seller will not be able to tell you in advance how much you may need to pay in additional fees. For more information read Customs Duty & Taxes.
I have a question for the seller about an item I’m interested in – how do I contact them?
On the product page for the item you have a question about, you’ll see a section titled, ‘More from this seller’. Here you’ll find other items they’ve listed, reviews left by other buyers, a link to their profile and a button that allows you to ‘Ask the seller a question’.
Once you click on this you’ll be able to send them a message with questions about anything you want (though please do try and keep it relevant/specific to the item or items you’re interested in!).
What happens if there’s a discrepancy or problem with my order?
We expect high standards across the board from our sellers, both in terms of the items they offer and the service they provide. We work closely and continuously with them to ensure they achieve these standards but on the very rare occasions in which an issue arises, you’re protected by our buyer protection, with every purchase made via PayPal.
If an item that you’ve purchased doesn’t arrive, or doesn’t match the seller’s description, Buyer Protection may reimburse you for the full amount of the item including shipping.
Further information here. Conditions and limitations apply.
What happens if I want to make a complaint about something I have seen on the site or an interaction I have had with a seller?
We hold our sellers to a very high, ethical, conduct of business. If a buyer complains directly to us about a seller:
• We investigate the complaint and direct the shop to resolve the complaint against them.
• If the complaint cannot be resolved in a timely manner, we may temporarily close the shop until the complaint is resolved.
• A second complaint is sufficient grounds for removing the shop from Vintage Granny.
Can I leave feedback on my experience with a seller?
Of course! We encourage you to celebrate the good sellers or flag up any issues you might have had that weren’t otherwise satisfactorily resolved. After an order has been completed, you’ll be given the chance to leave a comment on your experience and assign a rating out of 5 stars, which will be aggregated along with other customers’ reviews.
That way, we can continue to support the independent sellers you love by reassuring other customers. And, if a seller repeatedly gets negative reviews, we can work with them to improve things or remove their account altogether.